- This event has passed.
Town Board Meeting
May 11 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Town of Goshen Town Board Meeting
May 11, 2023-7:00 pm
41 Webster Avenue Goshen, New York 10924
Town of Goshen, New York – YouTube
- Alturus/Nexamp Solar Farm – Application for a Special Permit, proposing to build a 5-megawatt solar facility, on properties located within the Town of Goshen, as shown on the Tax Map thereof as Section 12, Block 1, Lots 17.122, 21.12, 22 and 23.1. Said properties consist of approximately 114.036 +/1 acres and is located along Hartley Road and New York State Route 17M in the Town of Goshen. The properties are located within the Industrial District with AQ-3, AQ-6, Stream Corridor & Reservoir Watershed, and Floodplain & Ponding Area Overlay Districts.
Items for Discussion/Action
- Discuss extending Local Law 1 of 2022 extending a moratorium on certain solar energy uses for six months.
- Review and approve Road Improvement Program for 2023.
- Discuss and adopt revised Sexual Harassment Policy as proposed by New York State.
- Discuss and approve the Stormwater Control Facility Maintenance Agreement for LEGOLAND New York, LLC.
- Discuss and authorize the Supervisor to sign the LEGOLAND New York, LLC Maintenance Escrow Agreement for Stormwater Structures/Facilities in the amount of $68,500.
- Award of Town Hall Roof Restoration Bid.
- Award of Town Hall Window Replacement Bid.
- Review request by New Gen Construction dated May 5, 2023 to post the performance guarantee as an irrevocable letter of credit or surety bond in the amount of $70,800, instead of a cash bond or certified bank check.
- Introduce Introductory Local Law 2 of 2023, a Local Law Repealing and Re-adopting Chapter 61A, Entitled “Flood Damage Prevention”.
- Schedule a Public Hearing for Introductory Local Law 2 of 2023, a Local Law Repealing and Re-adopting Chapter 61A Entitled “Flood Damage Prevention” for June 8, 2023.
- Introduce Introductory Local Law 3 of 2023, a Local Law amending the Town of Goshen Zoning, Code Article VII, Section 97-55(f)(13).
- Discuss and approve resolution and Home Rule Request for the creation of a Hotel Tax for the Town of Goshen.
- Discuss and approve agreement with Global Philanthropy Strategies to write grants for the Town of Goshen.
- Discuss the implementation of a $20 service charge for Dishonored Checks as allowed under General Obligations Law, Section 5-328(2)(a).
- Approve the appointment of Kenneth Banghart as an alternate on the Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Approve Mary Riso to attend the New York State Association of Tax Receivers & Collectors in Ithaca, NY June 11-14, 2023.
- Information: Received a letter dated April 27, 2023 from Alfred Turi, Goshen Fire District requesting the 10% tax relief.
- Information: Received a letter dated April 28, 2023 commending the quick response of the Goshen Highway Department for taking care of water issues along 209 Phillipsburg Road.
- Information: Frank Reinholz retired as Automotive Mechanic from the Highway Department. He was employed with Town for 26 years.
- Review and approve April 13, 2023 Town Board Minutes.
- Review and approve April 27, 2023 Town Board Minutes.
- Discuss and approve a motion to authorize the Supervisor to pay accounts payable check run for May 11, 2023 in the amount of $93,786.44
- Information: Christine Cavaliere conducted an account payable audit for May 9, 2023 (see attached).
Agenda Subject to Change