Please click on the links below to view the answers to our most Frequently Asked Questions.

The Town of Goshen does not offer passport services. Contact the Orange County Clerk’s office for information at (845) 291-2690 or use this link: Passport Information and Services

Until further notice, if you wish to license a new dog, all licenses will be done by mail and not in person. Please follow these instructions:

  • For an altered (spayed or neutered) dog, please mail a copy of the dog’s most recent rabies certification and spay or neuter document. If you do not have that document, the rabies certification may state “S” or “N” for the sex of the dog. That is acceptable. Please mail the document(s) and a check or money order for $7.00. Address to follow.
  • For an unaltered (not spayed or neutered) dog, please mail a copy of the most recent rabies certification and a check for $15.00.

These documents should be mailed to the Goshen Town Clerk, 41 Webster Avenue, Goshen, New York 10924. Checks should be made out to the Town of Goshen. Once received, we will mail the metal license tag and the paper license to you at your home address. Click here for more information

New York State Agriculture and Markets Law requires all dogs age four (4) months and older to be licensed. Proof of rabies vaccination is required.
For dogs spayed/neutered the annual fee is $7.00 (includes state mandated $1.00 surcharge), and for dogs not spayed/neutered the annual fee is $15.00 (includes state mandated $3.00 surcharge).

There are several ways to obtain your tax information. Please feel free to contact the Tax Receiver’s Office at (845) 294-6250 ext. 1240 to find out the exact amount due, and the address in which to mail your payment or you can visit the egov tax bills website to view online: egov tax bills on line

The Orange County Clerk’s office, located at 255 Main Street, Goshen, NY 10924 can provide this information. For further information, please contact (845) 291-2690.

Yes, Town of Goshen traffic tickets can be paid at the Goshen Town Court, which is located at 41 Webster Ave – 2nd floor. For more information, please call (845) 294-6477.

Yes, Small Claims can be filed at the Goshen Town Court, which is located at 41 Webster Ave – 2nd floor. For more information, please call (845) 294-6477 or visit Orange County Small Claims Court

The Town Board welcomes all input from residents and calls for any comments at the end of every Town Board meeting, at which time you would have an opportunity to address the Town Board on agenda items only. They can also be reached via email: jbetro@townofgoshen.org

There is a county public dump located at 21 Training Center Lane New Hampton, NY 10958. For assistance/guidance with regard to debris that cannot be disposed of through your refuse company, please contact (845) 291-2640 or (845) 291-2664.

Yes, the town hosts a clean up once a year in the Fall. Check back for announcement on our website and on our facebook page for specifics. 

Birth and Death records are available from the Town Clerk of the municipality where the event occurred. The Goshen Town Clerk’s office is located at 41 Webster Ave – 1st floor and can be reached at (845) 294-6250 x1222.
For more information: Genealogical Services (Birth & Death Certificates)

The Goshen Chamber of Commerce can be reached at(845) 294-7746 or by visiting their website at: Goshen Chamber.

There is a Notary Public available at the Town Clerk’s Office from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday. Please bring photo identification for each person signing a document.

Passport processing is done by the Orange County Clerk. You will need a valid driver’s license, and a raised seal birth certificate with a file date within one year of birth. Please have application entirely filled out before going before the clerk. If you are obtaining a passport for your child(ren) under the age of 16 BOTH parents must be present.
Click here for more information about obtaining a passport.

Our office can issue a certified marriage certificate if you obtained your marriage license in the Town of Goshen.

A The process to submit a FOIL request is first fill out a FOIL request form that can be found in the Town Clerk’s office or by clicking here.

Once you have completed the FOIL request form, submit it to the Town Clerk’s office:

Print and hand deliver to:
Town Clerk’s Office
Goshen Town Hall
41 Webster Ave – 1st floor
Goshen, NY 10924

The Freedom of Information Law requires that we respond to a request within five (5) business days of receipt of a request. If your request is approved, your request will be sent to the appropriate department for fulfillment. The requested documents will be released to you as soon as possible depending upon the volume of documents requested and time involved locating the material, but it will be within twenty (20) business days from the approval, unless we notify you otherwise. If any portion of the request is denied, you will be informed of the reason in writing and provided with the contact information to whom an appeal should be directed.

D/B/A’s are processed through the Orange County Clerk’s office, located at 255 Main Street, Goshen, NY 10924. For further information, please contact (845) 291-2690.

Goshen Post Office is located at: 20 Grand Street, Goshen NY 10924 (845) 294-4288

Working papers for students ages 14-16 can be obtained through the Goshen School District, at the health office, located at the Goshen High School, 222 Scotchtown Ave, Goshen, New York 10924. For further information, please contact (845) 615-6133.

Marriage Licences

* Marriage License Fee $40.00 cash or check.
* Couples must apply together and in person.

Documents Required – Each person must bring to the Clerk’s Office:

    • One age related document: Certified Birth certificate, or Original Baptismal record or Original Naturalization Record, or US Census Record.
  • One identity-related document: Original Driver’s License, or Original Passport, or Original Employment Photo ID, or Original Immigration Record.

For persons who have had previous marriages, information must be provided for each marriage.
Documents required are:

  • If ended in Divorce: Certified Copy of Decree of Divorce, or Certificate of Dissolution of Marriage.
  • If ended in Death: Late Spouses Death Certificate.

Waiting Period, Validity & Physical Exam Requirements:

The marriage license is issued immediately, but there is a full 24-hour waiting period before the ceremony may take place. Thereafter, the marriage license is valid for 60 days. No premarital examination or blood test is required in New York State. For more information, go to: www.health.state.ny.us/vital_records/married.htm

Click here for more information.

The Orange County Sheriff’s Office conducts background investigations into Pistol Permit applications for presentation to the Orange County Court Judges, who make issuance determinations. For further information, please contact (845) 291-4033.

Please visit the Orange County Sheriff’s Office at 110 Wells Farm Road Goshen NY 10924 for fingerprinting or call (845) 291-4033 for more information.

Conservation licenses can be obtained from the Town Clerk’s office during normal business hours: Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, except on holidays.
For a full fee schedule click here.

New York State Department of Environmental Conservation requires individuals age sixteen (16) and older to obtain a fishing license. Individuals under sixteen (16) years of age do not need a fishing license, as long as they are fishing with a licensed individual.

The county jail is located at 110 Wells Farm Road Goshen NY 10924. For further information, please contact (845) 291-7713 or 7715.